Lessons that Matter - The Indian Ocean Tsunami of 2004 devastated nations, economies, families and societies from Aceh to Sri Lanka. Lessons that Matter looks at the long term rehabilitation effort in three countries -India (Andaman & Nicobar Islands), Indonesia (Aceh), and Sri Lanka (Damniyamgama) to see how NGO’s working in these areas have helped people in rebuilding their lives. More importantly, it looks at how these NGO’s are putting in place mechanisms that will help people become more resiliant to disasters.
To Save a Million – We live in a dangerous world. Natural Hazards like earthquakes, volcanoes, tornadoes, floods, famine, landslides are a part of our ecosystem. People, in hazard prone aresa, need to learn to understand and internalise the dangers posed by hazards, and learn ways to mitigate these disasters. Shot in 4 countries – To Save a Million looks at both the philosophy and practicality of Disaster Risk Reduction.
- Development with Dignity – a look at Self Help Groups (SHG’s) and their impact amongst marginalized women in rural Maharashtra.
- Citizens Activism – a look at how technology helps citizens to get better governance.
- Sarpamthullal – The worship of snakes is an ancient practice in the state of Kerala. Sarpamthullal, made for Zee Chakra, looks at the continued practice of this tradition in the modern day Indian context
- Kettuvallam – In the backwaters of Kerala, the Kettuvallam (the boat) plays a central role. From a mode of transport to a unifier of communities, to the bringer of letter – the Kettuvallam is a part of the fabric of society in Kerala. Made for Zee Chakra
- Domesticated Elephants of Kerala – The Domesticated Elephant still plays a role in everyday life of Kerala. From their function as ceremonial temple elephants to the household elephant, this documentary for Zee Chakra looks at the role of the Domestic Elephant in modern India.
- Einstein and Theory of Relativity – a multi format film for the Nehru Planetarium, Mumbai that looks at how Einstein developed the Theory of Relativity.